Uric Acid Treatment Guideline 2020
This review continues my earlier review of Gout Pain Relief Best Practice. So I recommend that you read that first. In particular, my comments about Scope and Intent apply here. But here's a quick recap:
- This review helps you discuss treatment choices with your doctor.
- The ACR guideline summarizes published gout research. So it is not fully inclusive.
- The guideline stresses that patient needs and preferences will override many recommendations.
Uric Acid Treatment Recommendations
The uric acid treatment recommendations are spread across 5 sections. So I will create 5 separate reviews, linked below.
- Indications for pharmacologic Urate-Lowering Therapy
- Recommendations for choice of initial Urate-Lowering Therapy for patients with gout
- Timing of ULT initiation
- Recommendations for all patients taking Urate-Lowering Therapy
- Duration of ULT
- Recommendations for patients taking specific Urate-Lowering Therapy medications
- When to consider switching to a new Urate-Lowering Therapy strategy
Your Best Uric Acid Treatment
Please keep returning to read the detailed reviews as I publish them.
Finally, do you have any questions, experiences, or opinions about guidelines for uric acid treatment? First, check to see if we are already discussing your concerns in Gout Library Issues. If not, raise a new issue to share your thoughts. Please note that these links are for improving this page and related gout guideline facts. So if you want to discuss your personal treatment you should use GoutPal Discussions.
Leave Uric Acid Treatment Best Practice to browse the Gout and Uric Acid Science Blog.