I want GoutPal.com to be more learning focused.
I want the learning routes to be clearer.
I want to clearly identify groups of visitors with common learning objectives.
Rather than waste time planning the groups, I need to grow them organically.
Each time I write a new article, or amend an existing one, I will include a statement about who the article is intended for. I’ll link this to a discussion on GoutPal.net, with a reverse link back. Collectively, we will come up with Visitor Group suggestions. Each visitor group will get a new GoutPal Category, and guidelines for how to learn relevant facts.
GoutPal Learning Streams
- Random browsing and searching
- For people who want to learn general information about gout in an unstructured way. Especially useful for one-off questions, or groups of questions. Needs clear help all along the way. Search box should be in form with link to search help. Results page needs to encourage people to seek clarification on how pages refer to them.
- Groups of exercises can makeup lessons. The emphasis is to find out which key points depend on visitor choices. Then help visitors make choices in the forum if they cannot rely on their own experience or their health adviser’s experience.
- These support Exercises/Lessons. They must contain references to peer-reviewed research, or other valued archives.
Visitors should be encouraged to record:
- Personal gout facts.
- Personal views about GoutPal facts and explanations
- Personal thoughts on Key Points from exercises and lessons
These records should be based around links to forum now. But, they can be enhanced to integrate automatically, or develop as an app.
Optionally, members could apply for Badges if they have linked GoutPal pages into their personal forum.
I should encourage these routines with Learning newsletter, but need to settle if this is GoutPal or KeČaTa based.